MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) – The City of Mobile Pet Services has joined us on Studio10 with our Pet of the Week…Jack! Jack is a nice mix of two-year-old boxers. He is a staff favorite as he is very affectionate, friendly and very calm in our establishment. He was found wandering around with a built-in collar, but our vet quickly attended to his medical needs. Today he is healthy and happy now! His favorite activity is playing with stuffed toys and he will be happy to sit with you for hours playing with a toy. He will sit with his chin on your lap waiting for love. He gets along well with other dogs and cats. He is neutered, up to date with age-appropriate vaccines and microchipped.
His adoption fee is $60 and interested adopters can email [email protected] to schedule an appointment with him or drop by during our adoption hours of 12-4pm Monday-Friday. Are you still at Jack’s house?
Speaking of chips! Here are some points on the importance of microchips.
• Jack encourages all pet owners to have their pet microchipped, in addition to wearing a collar with a tag!
• Microchipping your pet is an inexpensive and painless process at your veterinarian. Most microchips cost less than $30.
• Microchips provide permanent proof of ownership if your dog or cat is lost or stolen, and quickly reunite you with your pet in the event of loss.
• Veterinarians, animal shelters, animal control officers and rescues immediately scan found animals for microchip with a special wand to determine ownership. You are contacted by your microchip company and the animal professional receives your contact details.
• If your pet is microchipped, always update any address and phone number changes.
• Not sure of the microchip number? Ask your veterinarian or a shelter professional to scan your animal to determine the company and number.
• More importantly, if your pet has a microchip, they are 2 times more likely to be reunited with you.
•All pets adopted by City of Mobile have a microchip included in their adoption fee.
Download the FOX10 weather app. Receive severe weather warnings and alerts for your location, wherever you are. Available for free in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.