Adoption fees for all animals are waived in August at the Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center for the annual “Clear the Shelters” event. MCASAC is located at 7315 Muncaster Mill Road in Derwood.
MCASAC allows same-day adoptions. Individuals will be asked to submit all information and once reviewed an appointment will need to be made. No animal can be put on hold. They are all first come, first served by appointment.
How to adopt:
- Complete the adoption questionnaire.
- After submission, email [email protected] a copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID. If you are a Montgomery County resident, a current copy of your license for all pets and a rabies certificate for all ferrets in the household are required. If you are not a resident of Montgomery County, a valid rabies certificate for all pets, including ferrets, in the household is required.
- Once the documentation is received, the team will email a link to book an appointment.
- Provide a copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID and documentation for all pets at the center. Certificate guidelines based on residency or non-residency are the same as listed above. Residents of Rockville or Gaithersburg with pets not allowed in the county need only provide rabies certificates.
- Complete the questionnaire.
- Schedule an appointment.
Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center Participates in Annual Meeting Again #ClearTheShelters adoption event.
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) August 1, 2022
For more information, visit the bottom of the MCASAC website here. The center can be reached at 240-773-5900 (Phone) or 301-279-1063 (Fax) for further questions.